Are you ready for a jointer that gets the wood flat and straight every time? The JET 708457K JJ-6CSX 6-Inch 1 HP Jointer, 115/230-Volt 1 Phase offers a precision-machined, extra-long cast-iron table to ensure accuracy you can believe. An ideal choice for your shop, this high-performance machine includes an exclusive auto-set quick change knife system to save you time and help increase productivity.
Industrial-Style Hand Wheels for Smooth Adjustments
The JJ-6CSX boasts a unique design that permits you to adjust both of the feed tables simply by rotating industrial-style hand wheels that turn smoothly and easily. This feature allows for easier tapers and enhances user keep an eye on when taking precise, fine measurements as low as 1/64 of an inch.
Smooth Gliding Fence Offers Multiple Stops
Additionally, the fence glides smoothly all over its complete range of motion and tilts both ways with the traditional stops at 45 and 90 degrees to handle bevel operations. This also allows you to quickly reproduce multiple cuts at any angle.
Steel Knife Cutter Head for Speed; Cast-Iron Table for Accuracy
One of the most innovative aspects of the JJ-6CSX’s design is the triple-bladed, high-speed steel knife cutter head, which delivers rapid cutting and a superior finish for high-quality results. The blades are part of an exclusive auto-set quick-change knife system, which lets you replace or change all three blades in a fraction of the time other machines take.
The jointer also features a cast-iron table with a precision-machined finish, so you can count on the accuracy of each pass.
Powerful 1 HP Motor and Rabbeting Ledge for Versatility
Equipped with a powerful 1 HP motor, the JJ-6CSX easily handles a wide range of jobs. A built-in rabbeting ledge also lends versatility, whilst a heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability, so you can easily handle different wood types and sizes.
User-Friendly Controls and Features
Designed to be extremely user-friendly, the JJ-6CSX features industrial push-button controls conveniently placed all over for easy access. In addition, the center fence controls are conveniently mounted to allow quick adjustments, and a built-in dust chute with four-inch port quickly connects to your collection system for efficient dust and chip disposal.
The JJ-6CSX weighs 215 pounds and comes with a five-year warranty.
About JET: A History of Sharing New, Feature-Rich Products
Opened in 1958 after the founder of the company, Leslie P. Sussman, took the first Boeing Jet Airplane travel from Seattle, Washington to Japan, JET began as a small dealer that sold air hoists and trolleys out of a single hardware store in Seattle. Over the years, JET has carried everything from snowmobiles, transmitter radios, and forklifts to nylon stockings, but by the early 1970s, metalworking had turn out to be the base of their business line. And by the 1980s, JET had expanded into the realm of woodworking. Today, you can find that JET offers a wide range of popular woodworking tools that are backed with best-in-class features and excellent service.
What’s in the Box
One stand with motor, one stand cover with mounting hardware, one dust chute with mounting hardware, one 12/14-millimeter open end wrench, one 8/10-millimeter open end wrench, one 3-millimeter hex wrench, one bed assembly, one fence assembly, one cutterhead guard, one belt guard, one V-belt, four 1/4-20 x 1/2 pan head screws, four 1/4 flat washers, one lock handle, flat washer, and lock nut for the fence, one fence handle, three lock bolts, 3-3/8-inch lock washers, two handwheel assembly, one can of touch-up paint, manual, warranty card, and two push blocks.
From the Manufacturer
This 6-inch woodworking jointer from Jet features a three-knife cutterhead that allows rapid cutting and a superior finish. The 46-inch cast-iron bed has a precision-machined finish ensuring accuracy, and a two-way tilting fence with 45- and 90-degree positive stops with conveniently mounted center fence controls that allow for quick adjustment. Other features include easy-to-use hand wheels that fully adjust the infeed and outfeed table height, a built-in rabbeting ledge, 6-1/16-by-1/2-inch cutting capacity, and 1/2-inch rabbeting capacity. Your jointer purchase includes front and rear safety knife guards, three high speed steel knives, 4-inch dust chute, industrial motor controls, one-piece welded stand, and jack screw cutterhead.
- Powerful 1 HP totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor
- Spring loaded front guard and fixed rear guard for maximum protection
- Dust chute with 4″ dust port for efficient dust/chip collection
- Exclusive front mounted table adjustment dials for convenient and superb accuracy
- Industrial push button controls
- Heavy duty one piece steel stand with mounting tabs for extra stability
- Large cast iron tables with a precision machined finish will ensure accuracy
- Three-knife cutterhead allows rapid cutting whilst producing a superior finish
- Two-way tilting fence with positive stops at 45 degrees and 90 degrees
- Dovetailed table ways allow adjustment for continued accuracy
- Conveniently mounted center fence controls allow quick adjustment
- Infeed and outfeed table height is fully adjustable
- A rabbeting ledge is built into the tables
- Easy-to-use front hand wheels for table adjustment
- Front and rear safety knife guards
- Three high-speed steel knives
- 4″ dust chute
- Industrial motor and controls
- Two-way tilting fence
- One-piece welded stand
- Jack screw cutterhead
Cutting Capacity (WxD/in): 6-1/16 x 1/2
Cutterhead Speed (RPM): 4,800
Number of Knives: 3
Rabbeting Capacity (in): 1/2
Table Surface (WxL/in): 7-3/8 x 46 x 31-3/4
Fence (HxL/in): 4 x 29-1/8
Blade Size (LxWxT/in): 6-1/16 x 5/8 x 1/8
Fence Tilts Right & Left: 45 degrees – 45 degrees
Positive Stops: 45 degrees R, 90 degrees , 45 degrees
Motor (TEFC): 1 HP, 1 Ph 115/230V Prewired 115V
Net Weight (lbs): 258
- 6 inch woodworking jointer; fence tilts 2 ways, features 90 and 45 degree stops
- 1 horsepower, single phase, 115/230 volt motor; 46 inch bed
- Cast iron bed
- Includes jointer, front and read safety guards, three steel knives, dust chute, stand, jack screw cutter head
- 7 to 3/8 by 46 by 31 to 3/4 table surface; 258 pounds; 1 year warranty